Overview Description

Records relating to a second or subsequent conviction for underage possession or consumption of alcohol can be sealed by the court one year after conviction if the petitioner has not been arrested, charged, or convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or petty offense since the date of that conviction. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-13-122(13)(b). (Cannot link directly to statutes.)

Ineligible Category or Citation

This section applies to second or subsequent convictions of underage possession or consumption of alcohol pursuant to Colo. Rev. Stat. 18-13-122(3).

Procedure General

The petition must be filed in the court of conviction. For the specific procedure, see Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-13-122(13)(b).


The petitioner must pay to obtain the criminal record. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-13-122(13)(b).


The record of the case is sealed. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-13-122(13).


Waiting Periods

The petition can be filed one year after conviction.

(non-prod server)