Overview Description

A person who commits any offense and is sentenced to only a fine, probation, community service, or a period of imprisonment less than one year may petition the court to have the conviction set aside after satisfactory completion of the conditions of said sentence. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 29-2264(2),(3).

Ineligible Category or Citation

Motor vehicle offenses are not eligible for relief under this section. 29-2264(3)(b).

Procedure General

The petition must be filed in the sentencing court of record. For specific procedure, see Neb. Rev. Stat. § 29-2264(2)-(5).


There is no statutory language regarding fees.


The order to set aside the conviction removes civil disabilities and penalties that might otherwise result from the conviction, with the exception of those effects listed in Neb. Rev. Stat. § 29-2264(6).

Waiting Periods

There is no statutory language regarding waiting periods.

(non-prod server)