Overview Description

Records relating to a case dismissed following the completion of adult diversion before July 1, 2002 can be sealed upon petition to the court. 3 V.S.A. § 164(j).

Ineligible Category or Citation

See section 164(a) for offenses eligible for adult diversion.

Procedure General

Any person who completed adult diversion before July 1, 2002, must file a petition with the court. For the specific procedure, see 3 V.S.A. § 164.


$90. Part or all of the fee can be waived if the court finds that the person is unable to pay it. 32 V.S.A. § 1431(e),(h).


The proceeding is considered never to have occurred. 3 V.S.A. § 164(h).

Waiting Periods

The petition can be filed two years after the successful completion of the adult diversion program.

(non-prod server)